This healthy side dish of Delicious and Easy Apple, Sausage, Sweet Potato Skillet is one your family will love! You can add it to your favorite sweet potato recipes.
Hello Thirty Handmade Days readers! I have a delicious recipe for you today. Two of the things I love are cooking and healthy eating. This Apple Sausage Sweet Potato Skillet definitely includes both of these passions and is the perfect dish for any meal.
I LOVE this skillet. I love skillet recipes because it is so easy to get so many different food groups and nutrients into your body when you eat them. This skillet includes the nutrients from the sausage, sweet potato, and apple.
It is also extremely easy to make and you need very minimal cooking skills. I love to eat this is the morning along with the greens and other veggies for the perfect balanced and healthy meal.
Also, you can make a big batch of this skillet recipe at the beginning of the week, store it in the fridge, and reheat it every morning. Personally, I think it’s one of those recipes that tastes better when all the unique flavors of the ingredients have time to mix together.
I have seen several other recipes similar to this one, but all of the ones I tried were just not quite right. I have been making this dish for a while, and finally have worked it out so the proportions and flavors are perfect (at least to me).
- 4 Chicken Apple Sausage. Mine are the Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage from Costco (or any other sweet sausage).
- 2 Pink Lady Apples (really you can just use whatever you have, but I prefer the Pink Lady ones).
- 1 Large Sweet potato
- ¼ C. water
- First, Heat up a skillet pan at medium heat. Slice the 4 sausages into bite-sized disks and place them in the skillet to cook while you are chopping the other ingredients.
- Next, slice up the two apples into bite sized pieces. Slice the sweet potato into bite-sized pieces as well.
- Once the sausage are done cooking, add the sweet potato and apples in with the sausage. Add in a ½ a cup of water as well. Sprinkle cinnamon onto the contents of the skillet and stir to evenly coat all the pieces.
- Cover the skillet and let it cook for 17-20 minutes over medium heat. Make sure to stir the contents every couple of minutes.
- Let the mixture cool down and eat! Enjoy!