It’s been a bit chilly around the Northwest lately. Nothing like those single digits my kid’s are experiencing in Utah though. But any time the cold weather comes it totally puts me in a chocolate chip cookie mood. Actually warm weather puts in the chocolate chip cookie mood too – any weather can do it!
I love changing up my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe a bit – adding different mix ins etc. Today’s recipe is packed with lots of amazing flavors! Triple Chocolate Chip Malt Cookies with Sea Salt have three kinds of chocolate, malt and a little sea salt to top it off.
The malt adds another dimension to the cookie that I really love. I am a big fan of malt but even if you aren’t you will love these cookies as there is not a strong malt flavor but just an added level of flavor that is wonderful!
I am a big fan of milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips in my cookies but combine that with semi sweet chocolate and you’ve got all your bases covered.
A light sprinkling of sea salt on top just gives it that extra little flavor surprise in your mouth!
Triple Chocolate Chip Malt Cookies with Sea Salt
- 2 ¼ c cake flour
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 ¼ c salted butter (2 ½ sticks) room temperature
- 1 ¼ c packed dark brown sugar
- 1 c granulated sugar plus
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ c malted milk powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c chocolate chips (combination of milk, semi sweet and white chocolate)
- sea salt
- Cream butter and sugar until very light, about five minutes.
- Add eggs, one a time, mixing well after each.
- Add in vanilla. With mixer on low add in dry ingredients.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough two hours (I put it in the freezer for 30 minutes).
- Bake at 350 degrees on parchment lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt before baking.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.