S’mores Caramel Popcorn from Your Home Based Mom

I’m excited to announce that 30days will soon have a few new friendly faces.   As much as I love creating anything I can get my hands on, I decided to ask some people I admire to contribute a couple of times a month and share their ideas.  I got in touch with a few people from different backgrounds (all creative) and am thrilled that they agreed.
First up is Leigh Anne from Your Homebased Mom.  She is great in every creative category possible, but I asked her if she would be willing to share a few of her cooking ideas, recipes, etc.  Thank you Leigh Anne!

Hi – I’m Leigh Anne from Your Homebased Mom. I have been a follower of Thirty Handmade Days for a while now so when Mique contacted me and asked if I’d like to be a regular contributor I was thrilled. I live in the Pacific Northwest and summer has finally arrived and it seems like the flavor of the summer this year is s’more. I have seen s’more recipes popping up all over the blogosphere. Every imaginable s’more flavored treat you can imagine. S’mores and summer do just seem to go together. One of our favorite summer time activities is making s’mores over the firepit in our backyard but now you don’t need to wait for a fire to enjoy the yumminess of a s’more! I decided to turn one of my favorite treats – caramel corn into a s’more too. Let’s just say the combo works! Very well!

_dsc0347

What’s not to love about caramel, chocolate, marshmallow and graham cracker combined together?? I started out with my trustworthy, easy to make, never fail me caramel corn recipe. So easy because it is made in a brown paper bag in the microwave. I spread the caramel corn out onto parchment paper on two large cookie sheets. Then topped it with some mini marshmallows and Golden Graham cerel.

_dsc0300
Then the best part -you drizzle it with chocolate, lots of chocolate.
The chocolate is the glue that holds it all together so don’t skimp on this part!!
_dsc0309

Then let the chocolate set up. I was going to put mine in the fridge in the garage but my husband had a stinky fresh crab in there and I was afraid the popcorn would end up tasting like crab – yuck!! After it is set up you can commence munching, you can do it before it sets up too, it is just a little messier!

_dsc0342

I decided to share so I packaged it up in some clear bags and added a fun little tag that Mique designed for me! Who wouldn’t enjoy S’more Fun!!?? You can download the tag too and just print them off.

_dsc0405
Download your own S’more tags.
For personal use only.

I love taking little bags of fun treats to friends when they least expect it!
_dsc0432

For S’more fun be sure and check out the s’more bar I did last summer for a birthday party! S’more Caramel Corn Printable Recipe 1 batch of caramel corn 2-3 C of miniature marshmallows 2-3 C of Golden Graham cereal 1 pkg. of chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate) Spread caramel corn onto two parchment lined cookie sheets to cool. Sprinkle with marshmallows and cereal. Melt chocolate chips and then drizzle chocolate over mixture. Allow chocolate to set up. Enjoy!

Comments

I just love Leigh Anne! Glad to see she’ll be contributing here from time to time. Here recipes are always yummy!

2. meg duerksen says

oh.
    my.
    goodness.
    you have found my weakness.
    i am not sure if i am happy about this post or mad.
    ha ha ha.
    canNOT wait to try it!!!

3. Laurie says

Thanks Leigh Anne for posting what looks like a “winner” recipe. I plan to make this today with my teenage daughter and package some as you’ve suggested. This will be the perfect treat to accompany $ we’ll give to another teenager who watered our garden while we were on vacation. Your s’more bar is just amazing and your food photography is too. You are inspiring!

4. Brandon @ The Yummy Bits says

I’m surprised you haven’t gotten more comments on this… it looks delicious! I will be making it for sure this season! Thanks for the recipe!!!

@theyummybits

5. Diane Irish says

This recipe looks great! I live in a small town and have sold several bags of caramel corn as a fundraiser to raise money in support of my daughter, and two other girls, who are our community queens. I think this would also work! I advertised on Facebook, and took orders. People were calling my daughter and I to reorder. A great fundraising project that allows moms to work at home, and at their own pace! I was able to raise about $1500. I’ll have to include this recipe, and see how it sells!

6. cheryl says

I can’t wait to have some of this I just finished two pans but I changed mine up a bit …i used kettle corn popping corn …put on cookie sheet put golden grahams on them made you carmel for caramel corn and drizzeled it all over both of them….added marshmellows while caramel was stills soft them drizzeled choc everywhere…..I also while choc was melted sprinkled tiny red candy heart decoration on for my neighbors for valentines day!

i would love to adapt this recipe and make it gluten free for my blog. i would also post link backs to the original recipe for credit. if this is ok just let me know.

8. Emil says

This is … omg… I am speechless! This looks so wonderful, may I have a piece of that, please? Pleeeaaase???

The recipe calls for one package of chocolate chips. I buy 72 oz. bags of chocolate chips at Costco. Do you mean the 12 oz. ones? Or the 1 lb. ones?

10. Kassie says

Oh my! I made this S’mores caramel corn for the Super Bowl this year and it was AMAZING!!! I never knew making homemade caramel corn could be so fun and easy! And the Golden Grahams, marshmallows, and chocolate are an easy addition but make it SO GOOD!

Thanks!

11. Emily says

I wonder how it would work to sprinkle the marshmallows on top and put them under the broiler just till toasted, then drizzle with chocolate…???