My mom made this recipe for me for the first time several years ago. It is literally the best cornbread recipe I’ve ever tasted. It’s d e l i c i o u s. It might have something to do with the butter, cheese, sugar, green chiles…mmmmmmm…..
Add these ingredients to your list for Thanksgiving dinner. And munch on it all day long. Or make it today because it’s just that good.
- 1 c. butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (4 oz) can, chopped chiles
- 1 (1 lb) can cream style corn
- ½ c. shredded mild cheese
- ½ c. shredded Jack cheese
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. yellow cornmeal
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Add chiles, cheeses and corn.
- Sift together flour, cornmeal, baking power, and salt.
- Add to corn mix.
- Pour into greased and floured 9×13 baking dish.
- Put in oven, reduce heat to 300 degrees.
- Bake 1 hr.
I made the cornbread to go with this super equally as awesome baked potato soup.
I’ll be sharing that recipe soon. I’m so excited that we finally have boots and sweater weather in my area. I just might make a different kind of soup and corn bread every night.
Looking for other bread recipes? I’ve got you covered:
Garlic Cheese Pull Apart Bread
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Quick French Bread
Banana Bread (with or without nuts)