While there are a lot of cornbread recipes out there, this is hands down the best cornbread recipe you’ll ever make. I know. That’s a bold statement. But I’m serious.
My mom made this recipe for me for the first time several years ago. It is literally the best cornbread recipe I’ve ever tasted. It’s d e l i c i o u s. It might have something to do with the butter, cheese, sugar, green chiles…mmmmmmm…..
Add these ingredients to your list for Thanksgiving dinner. And munch on it all day long. Or make it today because it’s just that good.
Mexican Brunch Cornbread
- 1 c butter
- 1 c sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 oz chopped chiles
- 1 lb cream style corn
- ½ c mild cheese shredded
- ½ c Jack cheese shredded
- 1 c flour
- 1 c yellow cornmeal
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Add chiles, cheeses and corn.
- Sift together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to corn mix.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x13 baking dish.
- Put in oven, reduce heat to 300 degrees.
- Bake 1 hr.
I love serving this alongside a big ol’ bowl of soup!
Food photography and styling courtesy of My Name is Snickerdoodle.