In addition to my love affair with my rice cooker, I am loving my slow cooker. Anything that I can do ahead of time on a busy day is a win in my book. I found the easiest macaroni and cheese recipe that tastes great. Yes!
- 4 1/2 c. elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 2 c. cheddar cheese, grated
- (1) 8oz pkg cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 4 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a slow cooker; cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Stir throughout cooking time to combine ingredients.
You can add more grated cheese for a cheesier version. Up to 4 cups.
Recipe slightly adapted from Dinner with Julie.
This recipe only has four ingredients and is pretty much the easiest thing evvvvvver. The other recipes I found had evaporated milk or processed cheese. Not this one. Just things you probably already have in your pantry and fridge.
In order for it reach the creamy texture, you need to stir it every once in awhile. But that takes about five seconds. This is perfect for a day that you have a lot to do around the house but don’t want to spend an hour in the kitchen to make dinner.