Bust out your slow cooker for this macaroni and cheese recipe – it’s amazing and simple. Your whole family will love this crockpot macaroni and cheese. Yum!
In addition to my love affair with my rice cooker, I am loving my slow cooker. Anything that I can do ahead of time on a busy day is a win in my book. I found a fantastic macaroni and cheese recipe that tastes great. Yes! You might also like my baked macaroni and cheese recipe too!
Crockpot Mac and Cheese
All that gooey cheesiness! How could you go wrong? Plus since it’s in the slow cooker, you can throw it all in and walk away pretty much until it’s done. Win/win.
In order for it reach the creamy texture, you need to stir it every once in awhile. But that takes about five seconds. This is perfect for a day that you have a lot to do around the house but don’t want to spend an hour in the kitchen to make dinner.
If you like this recipe, you’ll like these too:
Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese
- 2½ c. milk
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- ¼ c. butter, cubed
- 12 oz. sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- Whisk together milk, evaporated milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour UNCOOKED macaroni into a slow cooker.
- Top with butter and cheeses.
- Pour milk into slow cooker and combine with other ingredients.
- Cover slow cooker and cook for 2-3 hours, stirring every hour.
Food photography and styling courtesy of My Name is Snickerdoodle.