When September rolls around, I’m more than ready for Fall. It’s hands down my favorite season. Right now it’s over 100 degrees in my area but I’m dreaming of cooler temperatures and apples. I’m excited to share a simple, cheater baked donuts recipe with you that’s perfect for fall.
Would you believe these baked “donuts” use canned biscuits? Ok so they aren’t the real deal but they are awesome in a pinch and fun to make with kids. They could be made several ways with different drizzles or dips. The sky is the limit.
Apple Cider Baked Donuts with Homemade Caramel Sauce
- 10 refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 2.22 oz Apple Cider drink mix 3 packets
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c brown sugar packed
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits.
- Flatten each into a 2 ½-inch round.
- With 1-inch round biscuit cutter, cut hole in center of each round.
- Dip all sides of biscuits and centers into butter, then into the apple cider mix.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over warm baked donuts.
- In a saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly; whisking constantly will prevent burning.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes while continuing to whisk constantly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla.
To make them, I used a glass jar to flatten the biscuit dough and a water bottle cap to cut the middle out of each donut. Apples go perfectly with caramel. I couldn’t wait to drizzle caramel sauce over those bad boys. I way prefer caramel over any flavor (yes, chocolate included) but the crazy thing is that I hadn’t ever made my own homemade caramel sauce until now.
I mean…. come on. Couldn’t you just drink that jar of caramel sauce? I’ve thought of a million other things that I can add homemade caramel sauce to.
Try out these other breakfast recipes:
Cinnamon Twists with Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce
Jessica @ fantabulosity.com says
Yummmmmm! I can’t wait to make these. They totally caught my attention when I saw them on iheartnaptime.com. I’m going to share with my followers now! XO!
awesome! i love using “cheats” to get a quick treat! can’t wait to try
These sound delicious! I’ve been wanting to try making baked donuts too, and the apple cider flavors in these sound wonderful! :)
Lisa @ Fresh Eggs Daily says
Okay wow! These look great. I just found your blog and love it! I’ll be back for sure…and hope you’ll come share this post at our From the Farm Blog Hop this week. We’re trying to hit 300 linkups, so stop by and link up!
Fresh Eggs Daily
Alexis @ Persia Lou says
These look yummy! I’ve been wanting to try baked donuts, but I haven’t really wanted to buy a pan. I’ll have to try these!
Charlene McCoy says
Pinning these to try later! They look awesome. :)
Jessica Lane says
These look insansely delicious and I can’t wait to whip them up for a yummy Fall after school snack!
Beth Pittman says
I’ve pinned these. They look awesome! Thank you for sharing. Fall and caramel are my favorites too!
Kelsey Poofy Cheeks says
These look delicious! I can’t wait to try them.