It wouldn’t be summer without a big pan of Baked Beans! Add some sugar and bacon, what could be better?
There a few things that remind me more of a summer barbecue than baked beans. Serve it on the side of chicken and corn – you’re all set. I found this recipe in an old church cookbook. I’ve collected so many over the years and some of my very favorite recipes come from church cookbooks. I love pouring over them and finding recipes to try.
My favorite combination is savory with a little bit of sweet. That’s exactly what this recipe is – beans with some brown sugar and salt from the bacon. Mmmmm mmmmm!
Is it weird that I could eat a full plate of beans? Don’t answer that…
But if they were all this good, you’d want to eat a plate full too.
If you like this recipe, you’ll like these too:
and some recipes to go with this recipe:
Baked Beans Recipe
You stir some things together and bake – ta da!
- 1 lb. bacon - cut in pieces and cooked
- 2 (16 oz) cans pork and beans
- 1 (16 oz) can barbecue beans
- 1 (16 oz) can butter beans
- 1 (16 oz) can dark kidney beans
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. ketchup
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and spoon into casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.