Last month we held a fundraiser for Girls Camp for church. My cute Jules auctioned off “Dessert of the Month Club” for six months. We finally got around to making the first dessert for the winner. They requested Caramel Brownies and we were happy to make them!
I’m calling these “Surprise” Caramel Brownies because at first glance they look like regular brownies. But when you bite into them, they are chewier and surprise! there’s caramel. Yum! They are so good.
- 18.3 oz brownie mix family size
- 11 oz Caramel Bits
- ⅓ c heavy whipping cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil, spray with baking spray.
- Make brownie mix according to directions.
- Pour ½ of the batter into the lined baking pan.
- Set the rest aside.
- Bake brownie mix for 20 minutes.
- Microwave caramel bits and heavy whipping cream for 2 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to stir.
- After brownies come out of the oven spread the caramel sauce over the top.
- Note: You can reserve a bit to drizzle on the top after the brownies have cooled.
- Then top with the remaining brownie mix.
- Bake for 25 more minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Remove foil from the pan and cut into squares.
There are a couple of different options. You can add nuts to this (while I love nuts in recipes, I know there’s concern for allergies and not everyone is a fan so I decided against them). You can also reserve a little bit of the caramel after it’s melted to drizzle on the top of the cooled off brownies.
Either way, they are easy to make and ohhhh soooo good! Grab a cold glass of milk and you are all set. Mmmmmm….
Some other bar recipes you might like:
Marble Cheesecake Brownies