Caramel dip using only a few ingredients and ready in five minutes! You’ll want to make it over and over again.
A recipe that my Mom has been making for years and years – this is one of my all time favorites. When I make this recipe, people are always amazed at how easy it is and how few ingredients are used.
My Mom cut up fruit and had it ready for us after school for years. We could always expect a healthy snack waiting for us at home. Caramel dip came years later but has quickly become one of our favorites. This is perfect for when friends visit, you want a sweet treat but don’t have a lot of time or have a party.
To make this recipe you need:
Only a few ingredients are necessary to whip this one up –
- brown sugar
- cream cheese
- pinch of salt
It’s not surprising that it tastes so good when looking at those ingredients, right? No oven is required. A microwave or the stove can be used to melt butter and brown sugar together.
Best Apples for Caramel Dipping
An apple for you, an apple for me. There are so many types of apples out there. But not all apples have the same crisp and sweetness – they all bring something different to the table. These are the apples that work best with this easy caramel dip:
- Gala – easy to find year round! Crisp but slightly sweet.
- Fuji – also available all the time. This one is sweeter and one of my favorites.
- Pink Lady – not available all the time. Usually from November to July. They are firm.
- Granny Smith – if you like tart, this one is for you. Often used in pies but work with apple dipping too. (I prefer the others though)
Other Caramel Recipes
Are you a fan of caramel? You’ll love these other recipes too:
Caramel Dip Recipe
If you love this Caramel Dip Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
- 1/4 c butter
- 3/4 c brown sugar packed
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- Melt butter and brown sugar together in covered dish in the microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir with a whisk.
- Stir in cream cheese.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Serve with cut up apples and other fruit.