Are you sick of making the same thing over and over for dinner? This Chicken Curry recipe will help you get out of your rut!
You don’t need a whole lot of ingredients to make this for your family. Just some basics and they will love it!
This recipe for chicken curry is another family favorite from my aunts. It is a great dish to introduce some new flavors to your family. We serve this chicken curry with rice and pineapple. Or it would be great with a yummy roll and salad on the side. No matter what you serve it with, your family will love it. And you will love how easy it is to make!
I like making chicken ahead of time to use throughout the week in meals. This is a perfect recipe for using precooked chicken. The curry sauce gives it all of the flavor that you need! Having your chicken cooked and cubed makes preparing this recipe super fast. It takes about 15 minutes for me to get this on the table!!
Chicken Curry Recipe
- 1/2 c almonds blanched
- 1/4 c butter
- 1 1/3 c onions chopped
- 1 c flour
- 2 tbsp Curry powder
- 3/4 c green bell pepper diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 c chicken cooked and diced
- 6 c chicken stock
- 3/4 tbsp sugar
- Saute almonds, onion and bell pepper in butter.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually mix in the chicken stock, salt and curry powder.
- Cook until sauce is thickened.
- Stir occasionally, then add chicken.
- Continue to cook until well heated.
- Serve with rice and pineapple pieces.
Food photography and styling courtesy of My Name is Snickerdoodle.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love these other chicken recipes too: