I guess I’ll never learn. Our family isn’t eating bananas quick enough. Sometimes they eat them like crazy and then other times they won’t eat a single banana. Right now we’re on the non eating round. So I had 4 squishy bananas waiting to be used in some kind of recipe. I love love love banana bread but wanted to make some banana muffins this time around.
These muffins are perfect to make ahead of time and take on the go. They can be put in zip bags and added to any meal. Yum!
Banana Muffins with Crumb Topping
- 1 ½ c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 bananas mashed
- ¾ c sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ⅓ c butter melted
- 1 tbsp sweet cream ID coffee creamer
- ⅓ c packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease muffin tin with cooking spray or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, melted butter and creamer.
- Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups (I use an ice cream scoop).
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon.
- Cut in 1 tablespoon butter with a pastry cutter or two knives.
- Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
This recipe is slightly adapted from All Recipes.
To give a little twist on these muffins I added just a touch of International Delight Sweet Cream. A tablespoon is all it took but it gave this recipe a little extra sweetness. Not too sweet. Just right.
You can absolutely eat these as they come out of the oven. We added a little pat of butter and mmmmmmmmmm oh so good. They were moist but fluffy and not overly banana-y.
Check out these other banana recipes:
Peanut Butter Banana Blender Muffins
My favorite Banana Bread
And recipes with ID creamer:
Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream in a Bag
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
I honestly believe that Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, Ray
Rice, Marshawn Lynch, or Jamaal Charles should be your focus in the first round.
Fans and media members who think the football Bedlam
Series is a premiere rivalry. Fan evaluations of the seat
ranges will give you a great idea if the tickets you are bearing in mind are worth what
you will splurge.
Heather @ French Press says
I cannot ever have enough muffins recipes, they look delicious