You’re going to love this new recipe for slow cooker chicken teriyaki. It’s healthy, delicious, and so easy to make!
I love using my slow cooker to make dinner during the week. It takes less than 10 minutes to add the ingredients in the morning and then dinner is done. I can spend the rest of my day working, playing with my kids, talking to my husband, trying to convince myself to exercise, etc.
I usually devote an hour on the weekend to prepping 5-10 slow cooker freezer meals at once, but sometimes I make them fresh during the week. This slow cooker chicken teriyaki is one of those recipes that I’ve been making on the regular.
Why do I love this slow cooker chicken teriyaki recipe so much?
- It’s healthy. The sauce is a homemade mix of honey, soy sauce, garlic, and seasonings.
- It’s simple. You only need nine ingredients and I almost always have them on-hand.
- IT’S DELICIOUS.
Fun recipe options:
- Add the ingredients (raw) to a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag and freeze for up to three months. Next time you wonder “What the heck am I going to make for dinner?” you’ll have a healthy meal in the freezer ready to go! Simply thaw overnight in the refrigerator or in the morning in water and cook in the slow cooker like normal. (If you slice the chicken before freezing you can even cook the whole meal in a pan on the stovetop in 15 minutes!!)
- Experiment with your favorite fresh or frozen vegetables. I made this recipe three times last month. Twice with a bag of frozen stir fry veggies (yum) and once with a mix of fresh veggies (8oz sugar snap peas, 2 sliced red peppers, and 1 shredded carrot). Both were delicious, so feel free to use your family’s favorites.
Serve over rice with sesame seeds and sliced green onions, and dig in.
Easy and Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lb stir fry vegetables (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ c soy sauce
- ¼ c honey
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Add all ingredient to slow cooker.
- Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken and mix with sauce in slow cooker.