Use this recipe book template to create a special cookbook to hold on to or to give as a gift.
It’s no secret that teaching my kids to cook has been important to me. As time speeds by and my daughter gets ready to leave our home, it’s become even more important. I gathered some of our family favorite recipes and created a recipe book to give to her. There are recipes from my side and my husband’s side that Julia has grown up on. She can use this cookbook forever!
As I shared this idea with people in my Instagram community, several people asked if I would be willing to share the files that I created.
Here are a couple of posts with other recipe book ideas:
Personalized Recipe Book
To make this editable recipe book template, you will need:
- Editable Recipe Template from my shop
- The file includes sizes to upload to a Chatbook (or something similar) and one for 8.5″ x 11″ binder.
- Something to edit the files – can use Adobe Reader, Google Chrome, or whatever you have that opens and edits PDFs
- Recipes! I have TONS here on my site but make sure to use the ones that your family loves.
Included in the editable recipe book is the following:
- 2 options for a 10×10 recipe book to upload for a photo book and 8.5″ x 11″ version to create a printable binder.
- Instructions on how to use and upload
- Editable front cover with family name
- Editable recipe template without picture
- Editable recipe template with picture
- 4 pages of Cooking Basics
- Sections for recipe book:
- Side Dishes
- Main Dishes
To take things a step further, scan in handwritten recipes from family members to always have their handwriting. If making this for a gift, it will be extra special!
I’ve made it really simple to just type up and go with these files. If you’d rather create your own templates – go for it! I created the templates in Adobe Illustrator and then made them editable.