Have I mentioned we like pumpkin recipes in my house? Maybe once or twice? I decided to experiment a little bit and add pumpkin to rice crispy treats. It was really simple but definitely gave a kick to the normal version.
Just pick up pumpkin pie spice and caramel syrup in addition to rice crispy treat ingredients on your next grocery trip and you have instant fall treats.
My family was more than happy to taste test this variation. They all gave it a thumbs up. Josh said you can definitely taste the pumpkin spice and I have to agree. If you want them to be less “spicy” you could use less. I loved the caramel added to them. But then again, I love caramel added to anything.
Pumpkin Caramel Rice Crispy Treats
- 3 tbsp butter
- 10 oz regular marshmallows
- 2 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ c caramel ice cream syrup
- 6 c rice crispy cereal
- cooking spray
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add pumpkin pie spice and stir to combine.
- Stir in caramel topping.
- Add rice crispy cereal. Mix well.
- Using buttered spatula press mixture into 9x13 pan.
- Cut into 2-inch squares.
Hmmmm….wonder what else I could add pumpkin to?
I linked up this recipe to eighteen 25.