Happy New Year Friends! I love simple, delicious and versatile recipes that can be served in different ways. Today I am sharing one of those recipes. I call it “Greek Salsa” and I’ll show you how to use it in three different ways!
This “salsa” is easy to put together and only requires 7 ingredients. Let’s get started, shall we?
Start with 3 small tomatoes (seeded & diced), 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper, 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion and 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives. Place everything into a mixing bowl.
Add 5 oz. container of feta cheese, crumbled. Set aside.
Now it’s time to make the dressing, which is made from Extra Virgin Olive Oil and one of my favorite seasonings, Cavender’s Greek Seasoning. You should be able to find it in your grocer’s spice section and in addition to this recipe, I also use it for chicken and potatoes. It’s a great addition to your spice cabinet.
Pour 1/3 cup oil over vegetables and cheese.
Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of seasoning and toss until everything is evenly coated.
And you’re done! How easy is that?!
Here are 3 different ways we use Greek Salsa at our house:
Serving suggestion #1: Serve as a pita topping. One of our favorite dinners around here are pitas. Everyone fills up their pita pocket with grilled chicken breasts (seasoned with Cavender’s Greek Seasoning), spinach or lettuce, hummus, tzatziki and Greek Salsa. It’s a hit!
Serving suggestion #2: Serve on a salad. When we grill up chicken for pita night we always make extra, making it an easy lunch to throw together. My favorite is simply: spinach, grilled Greek chicken and Greek Salsa. This Greek Salsa not only adds tons of flavor, but it serves as a dressing too. WIN-WIN!
Serving suggestion #3: Serve as a dip with pita chips or crusty bread.
- 3 small tomatoes seeded & diced
- ½ c green pepper finely chopped
- ⅓ c red onion finely chopped
- ¼ c kalamata olives chopped
- 5 oz feta cheese crumbled
- ⅓ c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Cavender’s Greek Seasoning
- In a mixing bowl, add tomatoes, green pepper, red onion, olives and feta cheese.
- Pour olive oil over vegetables and cheese; sprinkle seasoning.
- Toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Serve as a dip with pita chips or crusty bread, as a pita topping or on a salad.