With Christmas just a couple days away, I wanted to share this recipe before it’s too late! This Holiday Eggnog Bread is quick and delicious. My family loooooves eggnog. Me? Not so much. But this bread is moist and tastes so good. It’s the perfect compromise and would be great for Christmas breakfast. It’s also perfect for leftover eggnog.
Holiday Eggnog Quick Bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ c sugar
- 1 ¾ c eggnog
- ½ c butter melted
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3.4 oz instant french vanilla pudding or instant vanilla pudding
- 1 c powdered sugar
- ¼ c eggnog (or more to your liking)
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease loaf pan or mini loaf pans.
- Beat eggs, add sugar, eggnog, butter, orange juice and vanilla extract.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter and mix well.
- Add the instant pudding powder and blend.
- Pour into greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 55 minutes for large loaf or 20-25 minutes for mini pans.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely on a baking rack. When cool drizzle eggnog glaze on top.
To Make the Glaze:
- Mix 1 c powdered sugar, vanilla, ¼ c eggnog and 1 tbsp of orange juice.
- Drizzle over cooled loaves.
- Let glaze set before storing bread.
The original recipe found at Mommy I’m Hungry calls for rum in the batter. We don’t drink at our house so I replaced rum with orange juice (love using that trick in baking!). If you want to add the rum, go for it! It also didn’t call for orange juice in the glaze but I thought it might add a oomph and I love the citrus-y flavor.
Still not convinced? I have a whole bunch of other recipes to try:
3 Ingredient Frozen Peppermint Pie
Christmas Truffle Cupcakes
Individual Puff Pancakes for Christmas Morning from the Polka Dot Chair
When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox
and now each time a comment is added I get
four emails with the same comment. Is there any way you ccan remove people from that service?
Ohmygoodness! This sounds delicious. I can’t wait to try it as well as your other scrumptious recipes. Thanks for sharing!
This is probably the only way I can drink eggnog! :) I love your website and it’s hard to pick what I like more; recipes or printables. They’re both wonderful and you’re so talented!
Hey there, going to make this bread today… Do you think it will keep over night? Also, I have Malibu rum which is coconut flavored… Do you think this flavor would go with the bread? Or should I stick to the orange juice (don’t have regular rum)?