Next up for Funner in the Summer– Amber from Crazy Little Projects is here with a fabulous recipe! We got to meet at SNAP in the spring and wish we had a little more time together. Crazy Little Projects has lots of fun sewing projects, cute printables, recipes, crafts and more. There’s something for everyone!
Hi 30 Days readers! I am so thrilled to be here as part of Mique’s Funner in the Summer series, because frankly, life is funner in the summer isn’t it? This is Amber from Crazy Little Projects:
There are many things I love in the summer, but a few of my favorites are ice cream and doing fun things with my kids! This project combined both of those elements. It’s a fun Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcake recipe that is perfect to make with your kids. They can help decorate the cupcakes (and of course help eat them as well!). These would be great for a summertime party!
These are easy to make! They just use a box mix that is fancied up a little and then they are topped of course with your favorite sundae toppings!
Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes
- 15.25 oz Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 5.9 oz instant chocolate pudding
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 c vegetable oil
- ½ c water
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 ½ c butter (3 sticks), softened
- 4-6 c powdered sugar
- ⅓ c milk (approximately)
- Combine the ingredients and mix until smooth. The batter will be fairly thick.
- Spoon into 24 paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes (err on the side of shorter - I do 18 minutes exactly) at 350 degrees.
- Mix ingredients.
- Pipe the frosting onto your cupcakes.
- Add your favorite sundae toppings - hot fudge (store bought or homemade), rainbow sprinkles, whipped cream and a cherry.
Pipe the frosting on to your cupcake generously:
Drizzle with hot fudge. I made my own hot fudge using this recipe. You can also just buy pre-made hot fudge.
Sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles and top with whipped cream and a cherry. (Don’t top with the whipped cream until you are ready to serve, or put them straight in the fridge.
Now, come join me over at Crazy Little Projects where you’ll find easy sewing tutorials, free printables, yummy recipes, fun things to do with kids and more! Find me on social media here: Facebook ~ Instagram ~ Pinterest
Here’s a few of my favorite projects: