A few months ago I decided it was time to switch things up and get healthier. CrossFit and the Paleo diet became a big part of my life. I’ve been on the lookout for healthier recipes in general. I stumbled upon this Kitchen Sink Cookies recipe from Small Fry and thought they were worth a shot.
My favorite kind of cookies are Oatmeal Raisin (all you oatmeal raisin haters out there- let’s still be friends!). These cookies were along those lines because of the oats and crispy rice cereal. They were easy to make and straight forward. My kids gave them two thumbs up!
I adapted the recipe slightly to add some dried cranberries. I didn’t add flax seed as suggested in the original recipe because I didn’t have it on hand but will grab some to try for next time. I also want to add some shredded zucchini to sneak in even more vegetables for my family. Try it out and let me know what you think:
Kitchen Sink Cookies
- ¾ c butter softened
- ¾ c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ c apple juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 c chocolate chips
- 2 c raw oats
- 1 ½ c crispy rice cereal
- ½ c fresh grated carrot
- ½ c dried cranberries chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the softened butter and brown sugar together.
- Beat in the egg.
- Stir the apple juice and vanilla into the mixture.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add chocolate chips, oats, crispy rice cereal, dried cranberries and carrot shavings.
- Use a small scoop to transfer the mixture to a sheet pan, bake at 350 degrees Farenheit for 8-10 minutes!
Check out some of my other cookies recipes: