Happy Fall Y’all! I’m so excited to share this tried and true, family favorite recipe with you. Microwave Salted Caramel Popcorn is a recipe that our friend used to bring to youth group meetings and it was always a hit!
Not only is it easy (hello! made in the microwave!), but it’s fun because you make it in a paper bag! Kids love it and enjoy helping make it too!
Start by placing 1 cup of popcorn kernels in a large paper grocery bag.
Microwave on high for about 4 minutes (microwave times may vary).
Set grocery bag of popped corn aside.
In a microwave-safe measuring cup or bowl, place 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup corn syrup.
Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring every minute, until butter is melted and mixture is bubbly.
Add 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. vanilla and 1 tsp. kosher salt (not pictured). Stir until foamy.
Pour over popped popcorn in the grocery bag. Stir to combine and microwave for another minute.
And that’s it! An easy and fun snack that is incredibly good and that you just can’t stop eating!
P.S. This would be the perfect snack to “BOO” your neighbors with! Make sure to use Mique’s cute printables.
Microwave Salted Caramel Popcorn
- 1 c popcorn kernels
- ½ c butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- ¼ c corn syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Place popcorn kernels in large paper grocery bag.
- Microwave on high for about 4 minutes (microwave times may vary). Set aside.
- Place butter, sugar and corn syrup in a microwave-safe measuring cup or bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring every minute, until butter is melted and mixture is bubbly.
- Add baking soda, vanilla and kosher salt. Stir until foamy.
- Pour caramel mixture over popped popcorn in bag.
- Stir to combine.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and eat up!