Giving a money gift is always appreciated! But why not do give it creatively? Here are a bunch of fun, unique ways to give the gift of money.
Back in the day, getting gifts wasn’t as big of a challenge. Toys and books were easy. Now that my kids have gotten older (and their friends have gotten older!), it seems as though it’s trickier and trickier to give gifts. They all pretty much want the same thing – gift cards or money. But I can’t just hand over the cash. That would be too boring.
My youngest was involved in a gift exchange and we decided to give him money but didn’t want to just hand it over. I discussed with him what we should do and ended up giving him this:
We added some “dessert” with his favorite cookies too. He said how cool it was over and over. It made me so happy!
Here’s how I made it:
- Order a pizza and pick it up, asking for an extra pizza box. (I got a $5 Little Caesar’s pizza and they were happy to give me the extra box!).
- I designed a sign in Illustrator and printed it out. You don’t need to do anything fancy but it does make it fun to put on there – “the best part of the pizza is the dough!”
- Cut out crust colored cardstock to put as the base for the pizza.
- Using a dot roller adhesive, secure the dollar bills in a circle pizza shape.
- I also used my Cricut machine to cut out pepperoni, peppers, olives and mushrooms. You don’t need a cutter to do that.
- Add quarters on top of the pepperoni.
With very minimal effort you can make giving money so fun!
Other gift ideas
If you love this money gift idea, you’re going to love these other gift ideas. Please click each link below to find the idea:
(these are especially good for neighbors/friends for the holidays!)
- Last Minute Christmas Gifts
- Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix
- White Christmas Fudge + tags
- Stovetop Christmas Potpourri
Money Gift Ideas
While searching for money gift ideas, I found all kinds of amazing suggestions. Here’s a list of the ones that I know I would love giving and receiving:
Money French Fries from Create It Go
Box of Chocolates from Life as Mom
Holiday Dough from Tessie Fay
Christmas Cash from It’s Written on the Walls
Tissue Box from Allred Design Blog
A little extra dough from About Family Crafts
Money Ornament from The Country Chic Cottage