Autumn is finally here! Or as most of us know it as, pumpkin season! You can practically find anything pumpkin flavored these days and I absolutely love it! I try to stock up on canned pumpkin so I can have it on hand to bake with all throughout the season.
My absolute favorite baked good is Streusel Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread that I made a few years back. I just love the combination of chocolate and pumpkin together. A close second is this Nutella Stuffed Pumpkin French Toast!
It’s perfect to make for a holiday brunch or indulge a bit and make it for breakfast on a Sunday morning!
This can most certainly can be made with store bought pumpkin bread from the bakery or you can make your own. Most of the time I use store bought! It’s comes together in minutes and truly is simple to make!
Nutella Stuffed Pumpkin French Toast
- 1 Loaf Pumpkin Bread
- 4 eggs
- ½ c milk
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 c Granulated Sugar
- ½ c Buttermilk
- ½ c Butter (1 Stick)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Slice pumpkin bread, about ¾” slices.
- Spread a thick layer of nutella onto one side of a slice and layer another slice on top.
- Heat large pan over medium high heat and melt 1 tbsp butter.
- In a shallow dish whisk together eggs and ½ cup milk together until well blended.
- Dip each side of the pumpkin sandwich into egg mixture and place into the hot pan.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining pumpkin bread slices.
- In a medium saucepan, heat sugar, milk and butter together over medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- Mixture will foam so just keep stirring for 1 minute.
- Drizzle syrup over french toast and serve.
Nutrition info does not include the pumpkin bread.