My name is Amy and you can always find me over at The Idea Room. I am so excited to be a art of Mique’s Funner in the Summer Series. I am a huge fan of Mique and consider her a good friend. So I am honored to be here on her site.
Today I thought I would share with you a super yummy Fresh Peach Popsicle Recipe. Peaches are abundant right now in Utah, where I live and I am simply obsessed with eating them right now. It has also been blazing hot here and that calls for a delicious COLD treat.
Luckily, these are pretty healthy so you can eat a lot of these treats without the negative side effects or the guilt that comes along sometimes when you eat a treat.
You can use either fresh peaches or frozen peaches and the recipe should turn out super tasty. We used fresh treats for this particular batch of peach popsicles, but in a pinch, the frozen peaches work just as good.
Fresh Peach Popsicle Recipe
- 1 ¼ pounds ripe peaches (3-4 medium), halved and pitted
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ c freshly squeezed orange juice
- ⅛ c sugar or to taste
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Coarsely chop peaches in a food processor.
- Transfer 1 cup of the chunky peaches to a medium bowl.
- Add lemon juice, orange juice and sugar to taste (depending on the sweetness of the peaches) to the food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add to the bowl with the chunky peaches and stir in vanilla.
- Divide the mixture in about twelve freezer-pop molds (or small paper cups).
- Freeze until beginning to set, about 1 hour.
- Insert frozen-treat sticks and freeze until completely firm, about 1 hour or more.
Sooo yummy! The kids LOVE when we make these and I LOVE that there are no hidden preservatives or corn syrup (which I am allergic too). These are a great way to stay cool and enjoy the last and fleeting days of summer.
And who doesn’t love a good treat?
Thanks so much Mique for having me here! I hope you will stop by and see the other fun things I share over at The Idea Room. Today I am sharing another yummy Peach Slush Recipe! I would love for you to stop by and check it out!