When you want something other than cereal or pancakes, make this Raspberry Almond Cream Cheese Danish. You’ll be surprised at how easily it comes together!
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love breakfast! Eggs, toast, bacon, waffles and pancakes and…PASTRIES! These easy Raspberry Almond Cream Cheese Danishes are so flaky and good, your friends and family are going to think you picked them up from an upscale bakery. They are THAT good!
We start with pre-made Puff Pastry dough, which you can find in your grocer’s freezer section. Lay out the thawed sheet of dough on a lightly floured cookie sheet. Cut into thirds and then in half, making six rectangles. Repeat with the second sheet of dough. Set aside.
For the cream cheese filling, place 1 (8 oz) block of softened cream cheese, 1/2 c. sugar, 1 egg yolk, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp. almond extract in a mixing bowl.
Using a mixer with a paddle attachment, mix ingredients until smooth.
Spread a heaping tablespoon of cream cheese filling on each piece of puff pastry.
Spread one heaping teaspoon of your favorite raspberry jam (I like Bonne Maman) on top of the cream cheese.
Place in a preheated oven of 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the Almond Glaze…mix 1 c. powdered sugar, 2 Tablespoons milk and 1/2 tsp. almond extract. Whisk together until smooth.
Remove danishes from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
Lightly glaze each danish and top with toasted, sliced almonds.
If you like this recipe, you’ll like these too:
Cheese Danish Recipe
Raspberry Almond Cream Cheese Danish
- 2 sheets Puff Pastry thawed
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 c raspberry jam
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 c toasted almonds for ganish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unfold and lay out thawed Puff Pastry sheets on lightly floured baking sheets.
- Cut each sheet into six equal parts by cutting into thirds, then in half; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, mix cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla & almond extracts. Mix until smooth.
- Spread one heaping tablespoon of cream cheese filling on each puff pastry piece.
- Spread one heaping teaspoon of jam on top of cream cheese on each puff pastry piece.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, make glaze by whisking powdered sugar, milk and almond extract until smooth.
- Remove baked danishes from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Lightly glaze each danish and sprinkle toasted, sliced almonds on each.
- Serve & enjoy!