When school started for my kids, I thought things would slow down….and I thought wrong. Life has gone into overdrive. Dinner creeps up on me and I scramble. Enter— the crock pot. Hello life saver.
I tried out another recipe a few weeks ago- Salsa Chicken. My family liked it. It was easy. Adding it to my repertoire.
Just a few ingredients and you’re all set:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c salsa
- 1.25 oz taco seasoning mix
- 10 oz cream of mushroom soup
- ½ c sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top
- Optional crushed tortilla chips
- Add chicken to slow cooker.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
- Pour salsa and soup over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Serve with rice.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
The original recipe that I found didn’t have cheese or chips. But we wanted a little crunch and some cheese to top it off.
Do you have any crock pot recipes to share?