You’re going to love this new recipe for skinny slow cooker shredded buffalo chicken. It’s healthy, delicious, and so easy to make!
I love easy and healthy slow cooker recipes. You too? Here are the healthy slow cooker freezer meals that I’m making in June, including my free printable recipes and shopping list. Two of my favorite new recipes are slow cooker chicken teriyaki and chicken fajitas. Yum.
Every time I think about this shredded buffalo chicken my mouth waters. It’s SO GOOD.
What’s so great about this slow cooker shredded buffalo chicken recipe?
- It’s delicious.
- It’s made with six simple ingredients in the slow cooker.
- It has half the calories and fat of traditional slow cooker shredded buffalo chicken recipes, but still tastes amazing.
A lot of slow cooker shredded buffalo chicken recipes call for cream cheese or bleu cheese dressing (or even ranch dressing), but they’re totally unnecessary. My recipe uses a bit of butter to keep the calories and fat low while still tasting absolutely delicious. A win-win.
My family is happy to eat this recipe any night of the week, but it’s also perfect for summer parties and BBQ’s. Add some watermelon and salad and you’ll have a meal full of flavor that you feel good serving to your family and friends. Enjoy!
Skinny Slow Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c hot sauce (we like Frank's Red Hot or Sriracha)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken and mix with sauce in slow cooker.