Funner in the Summer: Road Trip Bingo from oopsey daisy

Welcome back for the 2nd week of Funner in the Summer
Today I have Alison of Oopsey Daisy here to share her great idea for travel.
I hope you’ll follow along every Tuesday and grab a Funner in the Summer button
Take it away Alison……

Hello, 30 Days!
My name is Alison, and my little blogging home is called Oopsey Daisy.
I am thrilled to be sharing here today!
When, I think of summer, I think of lots of happy things.
Fireworks and popsiciles; swimming pools and parties to plan.
And (gasp!) road trips.
Every summer, my family would make a loooooong trek across the country to Utah for family reunions.
That meant packing up in a small station wagon with these monkeys:
Living in the car for 2 days might have been painful.  Luckily, the homemade root beer, family baseball games, and toasty camp fires made it all worthwhile.
My Mom was a genius!  She kept us entertained with prizes to unwrap, vacation journals to write in, and (my favorite!) games to play.  Our favorite game to play was Road Trip Bingo! My siblings and I searched for windmills, license plates, birds on phone wires, etc. Sibling rivalry at its best!
I am now a Mom, and I am already terrified of taking road trips.  In anticipation of that ominous question, “Are we there yet?”, I created a few printables to help entertain our kiddos for those long summer road trips!
Directions
Each Road Trip Bingo game has 5 unique gameboards.
Just print on cardstock, laminate if desired, and bring the gameboards along on your next road trip!
This version of Road Trip Bingo is ideal for older kids.  They can search for different road signs as you’re driving.  You can download this game here.
Clip art for this Bingo comes from Scrappin Doodles.
This game is ideal for younger kids with shorter attention spans.  Search for diggers, trucks, cars, trains, fire trucks, airplanes, jeeps, and police cars.  You can download this game here.
Clip art for this Bingo comes from DJ Inkers.  Used with permission.
In this version of the game, kids can search for different colored cars.  You can download the Road Trip Bingo for colored cars here.
I hope this helps make your summers funner!
Thanks, Mique, for having me here today.  I’ll be tuning in to this series all summer long!
Thanks so much Alison. I love this and will be using it for our annual drive to Oregon.
If you haven’t been to Oopsey Daisy, make sure to stop by and say hi.

Comments

Mique, thanks SO much for having me today!! When I post this afternoon, I’ll send my readers your way! You’re the best, my friend!

2. sally says

I’m not sure how to download the bingo files. I clicked on the download here link and it takes me to google docs. How do I download from there?

Thanks

Hi Sally! If you look in the left-hand corner, there is a “file” link. In the dropdown menu, you’ll seen an option to either print or download.

I hope that helps!

4. VickiT says

These are awesome! Thank you so much. When I was younger my Mom had game boards for Auto Bingo. They were so much fun and were a very thick cardboard with pictures inside a window. When you saw whatever it was in the window there was a small slider piece of colored film you pushed aside to cover that window showing you’d found that item. I am pretty sure I still have those somewhere around here because when my Mom died and I had to clean her things out of the house I do remember taking those. Of course, they are packed away in one of the boxes and I really should find those now that I have a Granddaughter. She’d probably love the game.

5. Heida says

Thank you, Thank you, thank you!! I have a 3,4 and 11 year old, the little ones can’t read yet so any other car bingo I have found doesn’t work for them. These are perfect!!!

I’m going to figure a way to put these on a metal sheet and then use magnets for markers! We will be driving from CA to NJ and back this June — these will break up some of the long driving days! Thanks!

Hi would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re working with?
    I’m looking to start my own blog soon but I’m having a difficult time makingg a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.

The reason I ask is because your design seems different then mostt blogs andd I’m looking for something completely unique.

P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

my page; car games Online free

Wonderul webb site. Lotss of seful info here. I am srnding it to a few buddies ans
    additionally sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks to your sweat!

Herre is my webpage … free car games no download (Emmett)