Company Casserole

New Leaf Wellness

Don’t let it scare you- yes, it’s a “casserole.” I know some people avoid them at all costs.  This one is a family favorite that I got from my mother-in-law.  Company Casserole

It sort of tastes like lasagna but it’s easier to make.  And it’s great for left overs.  My kids ask for it for their birthdays (they get to choose dinner for their special day).

Company Casserole - a family favorite. Make this simple main dish and everyone will love it! www.thirtyhandmadedays.com

Company Casserole

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Easy and delicious- your family will love this Company Casserole.
Author:
Recipe type: Main dish
Serves: 4-6
Ingredients
  • 1 lb. beef
  • 1 c. sour cream
  • 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
  • 1 c. cottage cheese
  • 1 jar spaghetti sauce
  • 1 package rigatoni noodles (other noodles work though too)
  • 1½ c. mozzarella cheese
Instructions
  1. Brown beef.
  2. Add spaghetti sauce, heat thru til warm.
  3. Cook noodles according to directions on the package.
  4. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, and 1 c. of mozzarella cheese.
  5. Layer starting with beef and sauce, then noodles, then sour cream/cream cheese/cottage cheese mix. I end with the sauce layer and then sprinkle with remaining mozzarella on top.
  6. Repeat layer. Finish off with nice layer of mozzarella cheese (you can use parmesan for the top instead of mozzarella, Josh doesn't like parmesan so I don't).
  7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 mins.

If you like quick and easy recipes, I’ve got good news for you —- I have an e-cookbook that’s coming out:
Delicious Dinners in Under an Hour

So tell me— casseroles, yes or no?
Make sure to check out my recipe index!

Comments

1. Elizabeth says

This casserole is sooo good!!! My husband LOVED it! I used ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese because my husband doesn’t like it, and I sprinkled some shredded parmesan cheese on top along with the mozarrella cheese. We will be having this for dinner again this week. Thanks for posting the recipe, Mique! Many blessings :)

2. Sharii says

Great recipes, but can you please use measurements? A ‘jar’ or a ‘packet’ is not helpful, especially if I’m not from USA and a jar or packet can be a very different amount.

Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be at the net
    the easiest factor to bear in mind of. I say to you,
    I definitely get annoyed whilst other folks
    consider worries that they plainly don’t know about.

You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and outlined out the entire thing without having side
    effect , folks can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more.
    Thanks

4. Corinne T says

I made this tonight and it was delicious! I liked Debbie W’s advice and added a can of diced Italian tomatoes to my sauce as well. Thanks for sharing this recipe, I look forward to trying many more!

5. Debbie Wheaton says

I made this last night but I used some homemade meatballs I had made. And I added a can of diced Italian tomatoes to my sauce. I forgot the cottage cheese, and didn’t want to go back to the store so I made it without it and it was still delicious!!! My husband was blown away. I know it will be even better with the cottage cheese. Thanks for a great recipe!

6. Carol says

I make a version of this but in place of the ground beef we use sliced kielbasa or some other smoked sausage. Also have tried it with a mixture of hot and mild Italian sausage. To die for.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Casseroles!. One dish instead of a bunch to wash and flavors are meant to go together in your mouth…not just when they hit your tummy and you can’t taste them anymore. This looks like it would freeze wonderfully too. I’m adding this one to my freezer meal list. Thank your Mother-in-law for me. :)

Making this for my family for dinner tonight!! Yay for a new recipe!!! Thank you so much for sharing:)
    We love casseroles because they’re a lot quicker/easier for feeding lots of people (I’m one of 10 kids, 8 of us still at home). There ARE a ton of really delicious casserole recipes out there, I don’t understand why people avoid them so much, lol. :P

Sounds delicious! I was thinking about some homemade pizza for tonight, but this here got me thinking…. I guess I am really hungry right now! Thanks for sharing =)

10. Ruth @ Floamia says

Ooh, that looks delicious. I’m usually a really fussy eater, but I love lasagne, and they don’t seem -too- dissimilar. The only casserole I’ve ever made is a sausage one, but I’ll definitely be giving this a go (at least once the snow clears up and people stop panic buying -everything-!)