Don’t let it scare you- yes, it’s a “casserole.” I know some people avoid them at all costs. This one is a family favorite that I got from my mother-in-law.
It sort of tastes like lasagna but it’s easier to make. And it’s great for left overs. My kids ask for it for their birthdays (they get to choose dinner for their special day).
My mother-in-law got this recipe years ago and passed it along to me. It’s now turned into a family favorite and one that I’ve made over and over and over again!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 c sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 c cottage cheese
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- 16 oz rigatoni noodles other noodles work though too
- 1 1/2 c mozzarella cheese
- Brown beef.
- Add spaghetti sauce, heat thru til warm.
- Cook noodles according to directions on the package.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, and 1 c of mozzarella cheese.
- Layer starting with beef and sauce, then noodles, then sour cream/cream cheese/cottage cheese mix. I end with the sauce layer and then sprinkle with remaining mozzarella on top.
- Repeat layer. Finish off with nice layer of mozzarella cheese (you can use parmesan for the top instead of mozzarella, Josh doesn't like parmesan so I don't).
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 mins.
If you like this recipe, you’ll like these too: