For my random acts of kindness post recently I made some new cereal treats. They were so easy but taste great. It took under 10 minutes from start to finish. This dessert is similar to the Heath Bar Scotcheroos – just a simpler version.
- 3 c. honey crunch cereal
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. light corn syrup
- 1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ c. peanut butter
- Spray 8×8 pan with cooking spray.
- Pour cereal and chocolate chips in a large bowl and set aside.
- Stir sugar and corn syrup on medium heat, stirring often until sugar is dissolved and boiling.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter.
- Pour over cereal and chocolate chips.
- Stir until combined.
- Spread in pan.
These cereal bars would make good after school snacks for the kids too. They taste tested and gave it two thumbs up!