Looking for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever? Look no further – this is truly the best! With tips on how to make sure they come out perfect every time!
I found the best cookie recipe ever years and years ago. Over the years I have realized that there are few things that make these cookies the best. Use the chocolate chip cookie recipe below and the following five tips and you cannot go wrong. I promise. Pinky promise. They are super simple but worth it. Ready? Here you go:
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Use butter. Not margarine. Make sure to soften the butter only. Don’t melt it. It changes the consistency of the cookies.
If you typically use margarine, try the real stuff. It will change your life. I prefer unsalted butter for this chocolate chip cookie recipe and then adding in the salt. You can control it that way!
- Do not grease your cookie sheets. This spreads the cookies.
- Use a cookie scoop for uniform cookies. They are all the same size and come out the same way.
- Cream your sugars and butter for 2-3 minutes for a fluffy and chewy cookie. I use my KitchenAid and just let it go for those 2-3 minutes.
Be careful not to over mix though either – 2-3 minutes at the most.
- Do NOT over bake. This is key. Cookies will continue to bake a little bit once they are taken out of the oven. I under bake mine by about a minute and they turn out perfect every single time.
In case you need a refresher on my all time favorite chocolate chip cookies:
Ready to give it a go?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
If you love this SEO TITLE HERE Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 c unsalted butter (2 sticks) softened
- 1 c brown sugar
- 3/4 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 c flour
- 11.5 oz Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- 6 oz Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Then add dry ingredients.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes.
You can see my baking buddy and I making these chocolate chip cookies here:
If you love these cookies as much as I do, you’ll probably love these cookie recipes too: