I found the best cookie recipe ever years and years ago. I bribe people with plates of chocolate chip cookies as often as I can.
Over the years I have realized that there are few things that make these cookies the best. Use the recipe below and the following five tips and you cannot go wrong. I promise. Pinky promise. They are super simple but worth it. Ready? Here you go:
- Use butter. Not margarine. Make sure to soften the butter only. Don’t melt it. It changes the consistency of the cookies.
- Do not grease your cookie sheets. This spreads the cookies. Blah.
- Use a cookie scoop for uniform cookies.
- Cream your sugars and butter for 2-3 minutes for a fluffy and chewy cookie. I use my KitchenAid and just let it go.
- Do NOT over bake. This is key. Cookies will continue to bake a little bit once they are taken out of the oven. I under bake mine by about a minute and they turn out perfect every single time.
In case you need a refresher on my all time favorite chocolate chip cookies:
Ready to give it a go?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 c unsalted butter (2 sticks) softened
- 1 c brown sugar
- 3/4 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 c flour
- 11.5 oz Ghirardeli Milk Chocolate Chips
- 6 oz Ghirardeli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Then add dry ingredients.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes.
You can see my baking buddy and I making these chocolate chip cookies here:
If you love these cookies as much as I do, you’ll probably love these cookie recipes too: