You’ll want to add this apple cake recipe to your go to’s in the fall.
This recipe was given to my sister for her bridal shower years ago. It reminds me of fall! It’s called Apple Cake but it can be made in a loaf or bundt pan so it seems more like a bread recipe. Either way it tastes amazing.
That caramel “frosting” is so so good. It’s more of a drizzle than “frosting” per say, but either way – yum!
- 1 ½ c oil
- 2 c sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 c flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 c chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1 c chopped walnuts
- ½ c butter (1 stick)
- 1 c brown sugar
- ⅓ c cream
- Cream together oil and sugar.
- Add 3 beaten eggs and vanilla. Stir well.
- Blend together flour and baking soda then add to mix.
- Add apples and nuts. Mix gently but well. Batter will be heavy.
- Pour into a loaf or bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Let cake cool for at least 10 minutes before pouring frosting over.
- Boil for 3 minutes, stirring so that it doesn't burn.
- Pour over cooled cake.
If you like this recipe, you’ll like these fall recipes too: