Learn how to make an easy breadstick recipe with a cinnamon sugar topping and cream cheese drizzle! You will love the doughy texture and this sweet dessert.
This recipe was originally shared by LeighAnne from Your Homebased Mom.
Cinnamon Sugar Breadsticks
I have a hard time walking by one of those pretzel places at the mall. The smell alone is enough to stop me in my tracks. My favorite flavor is the pretzel with cinnamon sugar on it and the cream cheese frosting that comes on the side that you can dip your pretzel into – yum!
I decided to recreate the taste at home but instead of a pretzel I went with a cinnamon sugar breadstick with cream cheese drizzle. I like the yeasty softness of a breadstick over a pretzel although I love me a good pretzel too.
How to make cinnamon sugar breadsticks
This Cinnamon Sugar Breadsticks recipe might look a little intimidating but I’m going to walk you through each step. You’ll feel so proud with the end result and you’ll be dying to make more! For this recipe you need:
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- whipping cream
- vanilla extract
- mixing bowl
- baking sheet
- ziploc bag for frosting
Other Cinnamon Sugar Recipes
If you love this easy Cinnamon Sugar Breadstick recipe, you’re going to love these other cinnamon sugar recipes. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
You start out with a nice batch of dough. Remember the trick to working with yeast is to make sure your water is the right temperature – not too hot and not too cold – just right. About 105-110 degrees is perfect. It needs to raise about 30-40 minutes. I speed up the process a bit by preheating my oven to 150 degrees and then turning it off. I place my covered bowl of dough into the oven and it loves that nice warm environment.
Bake them at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
How to make cinnamon sugar
Anyone who likes toast, knows that it’s always better with butter and cinnamon sugar. Yum! But adding this mix to buttered breadsticks with some cream cheese frosting will make your sweet tooth sing!
Here’s the basic mix:
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl using a whisk or a small fork. If you want it to last, store the mix in an air tight container or mason jar.
Cinnamon Sugar Breadstick Recipe
If you love this Cinnamon Sugar Breadstick Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH 30days!
Cinnamon Sugar Breadsticks with Cream Cheese Drizzle
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1/4 c sugar divided
- 1 c warm water divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 1/4 c butter melted
Cream Cheese Drizzle:
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/4 c powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture:
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In mixer dissolve yeast, 1/2 tbsp sugar and 1/2 c warm water.
- Allow yeast to proof.
- Add in oil, egg salt, 1 1/2 c flour and remaining sugar and water.
- Mix until smooth.
- Stir in remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place into a greased bowl and cover.
- Let rise in a warm place for about 40 minutes or until doubled.
- Punch down the dough and put onto floured counter.
- Roll into a 8 x 14 rectangle.
- Using your pizza cutter cut into about 10 pieces.
- Roll each strip like a snake.
- Then hang the dough over your finger in the middle and twist the two ends together.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and allow to rise for another 20 minutes or until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 400 and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Drizzle with cream cheese glaze (see below).
Cream Cheese Drizzle:
- Soften cream cheese and mix everything together.
- Beat until a good consistency for drizzling.
- Place in a ziploc bag and snip off the corner.
- Drizzle over warm breadsticks.