Growing up we had chicken for dinner a lot. It was healthy, inexpensive and my Mom did a good job finding different ways to serve it. Now I serve chicken for dinner often too! This Cashew Chicken recipe is switch up from the norm. It’s easy and delicious.
I got it from another family member (thank goodness for all those family members who are great cooks!).
- 2 lbs chicken breast uncooked
- 2 c water
- ¼ c cornstarch
- ¼ c soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ c vegetable oil
- 1 ½ c chicken broth
- ¾ c cashews unsalted
- Cube uncooked chicken breast.
- Mix cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar, salt and chicken broth in a bowl.
- Add water and mix.
- Heat pan (can use wok or frying pan).
- Add oil and chicken. Saute until tender.
- Add liquid mixture to chicken.
- Simmer for 2 mins.
- Add cashews.
- Serve over rice.
Does your family like chicken? They will love these recipes: