When it’s 4pm and you’re not sure what to make for dinner, make this. Chicken Parmesan Bundles to the rescue. This chicken parmesan recipe is easy to whip up and your family will thank you for it!
Have you made bundles before? They are pretty easy to make and always a crowd pleaser. The good thing about this recipe is that even though it has cream cheese (yum!), it has some spinach too.
The heated up pasta sauce is fun tastes good and is kind of fun to dip your bundle into. You can’t go wrong with this yummy parmesan chicken.
Chicken Parmesan Bundles
- 4 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed, and well drained
- 1 ¼ c mozzarella shredded cheese divided
- 6 tbsp Parmesan grated cheese (or Romano grated cheese), divided
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to ¼-inch thickness
- 1 egg
- 10 Ritz style Crackers crushed (about ½ c)
- 1 ½ c pasta sauce heated
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Mix cream cheese, spinach, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 3 tbsp of the Parmesan or Romano cheese until well blended; spread evenly onto chicken breasts.
- Starting at one of the short ends of each breast, roll up chicken tightly. Secure with wooden toothpicks and set aside.
- Beat egg in shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Mix remaining 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese and the cracker crumbs in separate bowl or pie plate.
- Dip chicken bundles in egg, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place, seam-sides down, in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove and discard toothpicks, if using.
- Serve topped with the pasta sauce and remaining ¼ cup mozzarella cheese.
You can use whatever kind of pasta sauce you want. We’ve tried all different kinds and often get whatever is on sale at the grocery store. But if you want something really good and a healthier option, try Rao’s. Mmmm mmmm.
Food photography and styling courtesy of My Name is Snickerdoodle.
Other recipes you’ll like:
And you can get a whole e-book of my favorite recipes too!