A little bit of a different take on chocolate chip cookies, make these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars!
Even though I don’t love chocolate (it’s true!), I can’t resist a really good chocolate chip cookie. There’s not a ton of chocolate, just a touch. And these chocolate chip cookie bars are no different. They have a good base recipe and then chocolate chips sprinkled in. Yum!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Just like my chocolate chip cookies, there are a few tips to make these perfectly every time:
– Make sure that you have fresh eggs, flour and baking soda. This can all make a difference on texture and taste.
– I prefer a mix of Ghirardelli chocolate chips – semi sweet and milk chocolate. They have a buttery taste and I’ve tried several others but these are the best!
If you like this recipe, you’ll like these too:
- 5 Tips to Make Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies Every Time
- Cookie Crunch Bars
- Over 20 Amazing Bar Recipes
Chocolate Chip Bars
Give this recipe a try and let me know how you like it!
- 1 lb. (2¼ c. packed) brown sugar
- ¾ c. oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 2¾ c. flour
- 1 tsp salt
- chocolate chips (I prefer Ghirardelli)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine brown sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs.
- Add baking powder, flour and salt.
- Add desired amount of chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased cookie sheet with walls (or jelly roll).
- Spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
Cookie Bar Recipes
These cookie bar recipes are on my list to try out – they look so good!!
- The Best Sugar Cookie Bars from Somewhat Simple
- Chocolate Chip OREO Cookies Bars from I Heart Naptime
- Creme Brule Cookie Bars from Crazy for Crust
- Pistachio Sugar Cookie Bars from Lil Luna