It doesn’t feel like the holidays until we get in the kitchen to bake together. Today I’m sharing a new favorite- Truffle Christmas Cupcakes.
Surprisingly I haven’t posted cupcakes on 30days… I guess I am drawn to cookies and make them more often. Truthfully they are easier to transport and deliver so I make them a lot more. But these cupcakes are too delicious to keep for myself.
My family members LOVE chocolate. My mother in law is from Switzerland so chocolate practically runs through her veins. She found a recipe for chocolate truffle cupcakes using Lindt balls (our favorite!) that I just twisted a bit to make my own. Let’s get baking, shall we?
Christmas Cupcake Ideas
Truffle Christmas Cupcakes
- 15.25 oz Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- ½ c oil
- ½ c water
- 1 c sour cream
- 24 Milk chocolate Lindor truffles by Lindt
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ½ c butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 12 oz green candy melts
- 4 candy canes crushed (or more depending on your preference)
- Unwrap milk chocolate Lindt truffles and set aside.
- Mix all cupcake ingredients together.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full (do not overfill).
- Bake at 350.
- After five minutes, lightly press a Lindt truffle into each partially baked cupcake (don't push too far).
- Let the cupcakes bake an additional 13 minutes (total of 18 minutes).
- Cool completely.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Cream butter and cream cheese together, then add vanilla.
- Slowly add powdered sugar.
Chocolate Christmas Trees/Hearts:
- Lay printable on counter for Christmas trees and/or hearts.
- Place a sheet of wax paper on top.
- Follow directions on package to melt chocolate.
- Add it to a squeezable bottle/piping bag.
- Trace the trees or hearts.
- Let dry for at least an hour.
- After frosted, sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Top with chocolate trees and/or hearts.
Here’s what the cupcakes looked like after I added the Lindt balls (5 minutes after they went into the oven as directed above):
While my cupcakes were baking, I made the chocolate trees and hearts to add to the top. They are so easy to make but give the already awesome cupcakes an added touch. I used one bag of green Wilton candy melts. I followed the directions for melting in the microwave and then filled a bottle with a fine tip full of the melted chocolate. I printed out a Christmas tree and heart template and added a piece of wax paper to the top:
Originally I sprayed the wax paper with cooking spray because I wasn’t sure the trees and hearts would come up easily. But then I tried it without the cooking spray and it was fine too. So I piped the chocolate over the top of the template:
After I was happy with my trees and hearts, I let them harden and had my trusty baking partner (Drew, 7) crush candy canes. We love to crush candy canes at this time of year. We add them to hot chocolate with whip cream and other recipes too. I keep them in a little bottle for easy access.
After the cupcakes came out of the oven, we waited for them to cool, frosted them, sprinkled with crushed candy canes and simple lifted the Christmas trees and hearts and placed them on top of each cupcake.
If you like this recipe, you’ll like these too:
Amy Huntley says
Those look SO yummy!! I can’t wait to give them a try!!
Great project !!
I would love you to come and share @ Craft, Create & Inspire linky party !!!
Look forward to seeing you there :)
Ashley @ Cute as a Fox says
Those look so yummy! I especially love the tree toppers. I’m visiting from the I’m loving it link party.
LOVE the tree toppers! Great idea!
jen @ Tatertots & Jello says
You are just amazing Mique. Love you!
Lindt is my favorite!!! These look decadent and so festive.
I can’t wait to spoil someone with them. Thanks so much.
Oh my heavens – these are adorable! I can’t wait to make them. Thx for the great idea!! XO
Your little baking partner is precious!
Awww thanks Miranda- I think he’s pretty precious. :) He’s a fun partner to have in the kitchen. He loves baking!
Desiree @ The36thAvenue says
Oh my goodness… these look so good! I can’t wait to try them!
You gotta try them Desi- they are delish! xoxo
[email protected] says
Those tree toppers are SO dang cute!! Love these!
Thanks so much Jamielyn!