Make any space relaxing with these simple tips and a clean room checklist. It can be used for your kids or you!
This post is in partnership with Hoover. I am beyond thrilled to work with a company I absolutely love!
Cleaning is something that I’ve never really enjoyed. I have friends who clean when they are stressed. That will never be me! But it’s obviously necessary so I do what I have to in order to get to the fun stuff.
Getting a room clean is one thing, but keeping it that way is another. My advice? Set aside a day once a week to get it clean. Here’s how my master bedroom started:
Clothes all over, clutter, not vacuumed, trash that didn’t belong. The honest truth is … my bedroom in our old house was so much worse most of the time.
How to clean room
- Get everything together that you’ll need for a clean room –
This includes rags or paper towels, trash bag for trash, vacuum and/or mop, window cleaner if applicable
- Clear the clutter
Take anything out that shouldn’t be in the room. I often use laundry baskets or containers as sorters – keep, trash and donate. Is there a fork in your room (like I found)? Take it out. Are there things out of place? Get them out of there.
- Dust, wipe down, polish
Using rags or paper towels, wipe down surfaces to get rid of any dust or grime.
- Vacuum and/or mop
Self explanatory but I’ll explain why I’m loving my new Hoover below.
- Straighten up
Make sure books, blankets, clothes, everything is in the spot it should be. Where you’ll be able to find it and go back to again and again.
- Take out the trash
Grab the printable at the end of this post!
Hoover recently sent me a One PWR Blade + Cordless Vacuum. I have tried a lot of vacuums over the years but never a cordless one. I’ve wanted to try one and I’m grateful for the opportunity to use it. Here are some things I’m loving about this one in particular:
- It’s super easy to put together. It took me under 30 seconds to connect it all. I don’t love having tons of directions and this one didn’t even require them. It’s that simple.
- Lightweight – I like that it doesn’t weigh a ton and is easy to maneuver because of that. It’s also easy to move things out of the way when using.
- Lots of tools
- Works on hardwood and carpet – most of our house is hardwood and tile. Having a vacuum that works on both is a must.
- Rechargeable battery – comes with a battery and charger to use.
- Hanger for the vacuum – it also came with a piece to hang up the vacuum, which is nice.
Before I used the One PWR Blade + Cordless vacuum, I charged the battery fully:
By cleaning once a week, I’m not overwhelmed by a huge mess!
If you’re a checklist lover like I am, you can use this free printable below:
Clean Room Checklist– for personal use only.
Other Cleaning Posts
Like free printables? Check out these other cleaning posts with checklists: