Short on time but want to make something good for dinner that the whole family will love? Make this Burrito Bowl recipe! As a bonus – it’s healthy too.
Are you getting sick of healthy dinner ideas yet? I hope not. I’ve scoured magazines, blogs, cookbooks and more to find the best (and easiest) recipes for my family. It can be overwhelming to find recipes that are healthy but that my whole family will like. Ugh. I know I can always go to my Weight Watchers recipes for some good, healthy options too.
I just made this recipe for burrito bowls last week and will be making it again. And again and again.
It’s simple but we loved it! Burrito bowls can be adapted and you can come up with numerous variations of toppings to change the flavor combinations. My family liked that they could pick and choose what to add to their bowl. That’s the best because nobody whines – they get to choose whatever they want!
Burrito Bowl Recipe
- 3 c brown rice
- 15 oz black beans drained & rinsed
- 1/4 c water
- chili powder
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- chili powder
- onion powder
- garlic salt
- cayenne pepper
Toppings (all optional)
- sour cream light
- baked corn tortilla chips crushed
- cheese low fat mozzarella or cheddar
- Follow directions on the package to make 3 c brown rice.
- Rinse and drain black beans.
- Warm in a saucepan with 1/4 c water on low.
- Season with seasonings to taste.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, season with spices.
- Saute in pan until cooked through.
- Assemble-Brown rice, black beans, chicken and toppings. Enjoy!
This recipe is adapted from Iowa Girl Eats.