Where we live summers are HOT and muggy. Eww. My 3 little men LOVE being outside…this momma doesn’t unless there is a pool and a cool beverage involved. Since we don’t have a pool a cool beverage will have to suffice.
If you like this recipe, you’ll like these too:
Kool Aid Slurpee Recipe
- .15 oz Kool-Aid your choice of flavor
- 2 c club soda
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 1/2 c ice crushed
- Pour Kool-Aid, sugar, and 1 cup of club soda into a blender and blend on high until sugar is dissolved.
- Add all of the crushed ice and blend until smooth.
- Add last cup of club soda, blend.
- Stare longingly at your soon to be drink.
- HARDEST PART - put it in the freezer for 30 minutes for perfect consistency. If you are making 1 batch, just keep it in the blender to freeze.
- Stir slightly, pour into a cup, and add a straw.
While you might not want to make these Kool Aid Slurpees every day (hello sugar rush!), every once in awhile for a summer treat would be fine!