Nothing beats homemade biscuits. They are the epitome of comfort food to me. And this biscuit recipe is one of the easiest out there!
I was craving biscuits the other day (totally normal right?) and looked up recipes online. But I didn’t have exactly the right ingredients for the recipe so I fudged a little, hoping they would turn out. And they did! Woohoo. I love when that happens. These homemade biscuits with cheddar and garlic melt in your mouth. It’s hard to stop at just one.
I’m pretty sure you already have the ingredients you need in your pantry and fridge. They are super simple and make this less intimidating to make, in my humble opinion. When I see 101910391 ingredients and 29102910 steps, I click away or turn the page. No thank you.
If you like this recipe, you’ll like these too:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 6 Tbsp cold butter, cut in cubes
- 1 c. milk (I used ½ c. heavy cream, ½ c. 2% milk)
- 1 c. shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use non-stick baking sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic salt.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Add butter and with a pastry blender or knives, cut into mix until small pea-sized crumbs start to form.
- Add cheese and fold into mix.
- Add milk and mix just until wet. Do not over mix.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls onto baking sheet (approx ¼ c).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until biscuits are golden brown.
- While biscuits bake, melt remaining butter in small mixing bowl in microwave (approx 30 seconds).
- Add ¼ teaspoon garlic salt.
- Stir with pastry brush.
- Remove biscuits from oven, brush with melted butter mixture.
- Serve immediately.
You might want to make a double or triple batch…. Each recipe makes approximately 18 biscuits, depending on how big you make them.
And I’m pretty sure that I could eat a plate of biscuits alone for dinner. Who needs a main dish? Not me!