Hey there Handmade readers!
We are twin sisters Kelli & Kristi of Lolly Jane, an eclectic DIY/home improvement blog that’s jam packed with budget friendly ways to spruce up your space, and we are just thrilled to be here today!
When we think of summertime we immediately think “kids crafts” because we have 6 littles between us, under the age of 10. Today’s tutorial is not new on your boredom buster list but this homemade play dough recipe does store well (it lasts all summer long!) and doesn’t make your hands dry so it’s a definite keeper in our families! (;
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 2 drop of orange oil
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat for five minutes, until a ball of dough forms.
- Cool the dough for five minutes then knead with your hands till smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge when not in use.
That’s all there is to it. Find some cookie cutters and let your imagination run wild.
This recipe also makes a great gift for young kids. Cut fun shapes and place inside a jar, paint the lid to match and you have an inexpensive gift the little will actually play with!