I grew up on this Pasta Salad recipe and it’s my all time favorite! I think you’ll love it too.
We had friends over for a barbecue this weekend and it wouldn’t have been the same without my mom’s pasta salad. It’s easy. It’s light. And it always tastes great. It makes for great leftovers too! We normally don’t like leftovers around here, but I’ll eat this for a week straight.
It’s bright, colorful and so darn good. You can add whatever vegetables you have on hand and you can use different types of pasta if you want. But this is the way that my mom made it and that I’ve been making it for about 20 years now!
To make this pasta salad recipe, you’ll need:
This pasta salad recipe is so easy and delicious – a quick stop at the store to pick up all the vegetables and you should be set! It is a healthier one and packs a lot of flavor.
- large mixing bowl
- salad tongs or hands
- rotini noodles
- frozen, chopped broccoli
- diced tomatoes
- bell peppers
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Italian dressing
Other pasta salad recipes:
If you love this easy pasta salad recipe, you’re going to love these other pasta salad recipes. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
Pasta Salad Recipe
If you love this Pasta Salad Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
- 1 box rotini noodles, cooked according to directions, drained
- ½ bag-1 bag frozen chopped broccoli (fresh can be used), cooked, cut into smaller pieces
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 can sliced olives
- ½ bell pepper chopped (bigger chunks)
- a few carrots diced
- 1-2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bottle of your favorite Italian dressing (I usually use Wishbone)
- After noodles have cooled down, throw all ingredients together.
- Chill- the longer the better- the Italian dressing soaks in over time.
- And you want the broccoli to be cooked but cold.
- I always add cheese after everything is cooled down because you don't want it to melt into the pasta.