If you’re a piña colada fan you’re going to love this treat! The pineapple and coconut flavors go so well with white chocolate popcorn.
This post was originally shared by Sarah from Pretty Providence for my Funner in the Summer Series.
I’m thrilled to share this treat with you today. One of my favorite things in this world is popcorn. I may or may not eat it nightly. Sometimes when I’m in the mood for a treat but not in the mood for making my house all hot with the oven on, I opt to give it a fancy makeover.
We have established that it’s great, but drizzle it with some melty white chocolate and it’s game over. I can’t stop. The combination is just too delicious! I recently threw a little pineapple themed party and I was trying to come up with a creative snack for it when the idea for Piña Colada version hit me! It turned out SO good that it has become a favorite in my household! It’s kind of dangerous how quick and simple it is to make.
If you like this recipe, you’ll like these too:
Pina Colada Popcorn
- 16 c batch air popped popcorn
- 2 c sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 ½ c dried pineapple chunks
- 1 ½ c white chocolate chips
- Spread popped popcorn across a cookie sheet so that there is only one layer; use two cookie sheets if you need to.
- Finely chop dried pineapple chunks and set aside with the coconut flakes. (Make sure they are within grabbing distance, you will need to work fast once your white chocolate is ready.)
- Place half a cup of white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and have a spoon handy. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until white chocolate is melty. For me this took three times, but it will be different based on the heat of your microwave.
- Once your white chocolate is melted, drizzle it across a section of your popcorn liberally and quickly sprinkle the coconut flakes and dried pineapple on top before it cools.
- Repeat this until you are out of white chocolate and your popcorn is all covered in melty piña colada goodness.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Cydia Pie says
Ah, these popcorn in pics makes me hungry :P