Looking for a yummy fall treat? These Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins are just the thing!
I know that a lot of people are ready to move on to peppermint and all things Christmas but in November I’m still going to do all things pumpkin. I just can’t help it.
There’s not much better than streusel topping but add cream cheese into the mix and I’m a goner.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2½ c. sugar
- ¼ c. pecans, roughly chopped
- 3 TBSP butter, melted
- 2½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2½ c. flour
- 1¼ c. solid packed pumpkin
- ⅓ c. oil
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat (2) 12 c. standard muffins tins with oil and set aside.
- Mis cream cheese, 1 egg, and 3 TBSP sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Toss 5 TBSP sugar, ½ c. flour, pecans, butter and ½ tsp cinnamon together in a medium
- bowl and set aside.
- Combine the remaining sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon into a
- large bowl. Lightly beat the remainder of the eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla together.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture, pour the pumpkin mixture into the well and mix
- with a fork until moistened.
- Evenly divide half of the batter among the muffin cups.
- Place 2 tsp of cream cheese filling in the center of each cup and fill with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle some of the pecan mix over the top of each muffin.
- Bake until golden and a tester comes out clean, approx 20-25 mins.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Makes 24 muffins.
Food photography and styling courtesy of My Name is Snickerdoodle.
If you like this recipe, you’ll like these too: