There are about a million pumpkin recipes floating around out there. But you have found THE ONE that you’ll make over and over again. These are hands down my favorite, the best Frosted Pumpkin Bars you’ll ever eat.
My mom used to make all kinds of pumpkin recipes. (Hi Mom!) I actually grew to not like pumpkin. As soon as September hit, it was pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin. I think I maybe mentioned this before…. but times have changed and now I’m doing the exact same thing with my kids. Pumpkin everything. If they learn to not like pumpkin, I have no doubt that one day they will come back to the fold. Where was I going with this anyway……so….
Back in the beginning of time (the year 2007) I found this recipe from Mandee for Pumpkin Bars. It has been my favorite ever since. And man I feel like a blogging dinosaur. I’ve been at this for six years? Wow.
To Make These Pumpkin Bars, You’ll Need:
- jelly roll pan
- measuring cups
- stand mixer or hand mixer (I love my Kitchen Aid)
- flat icing spatula – this is my favorite set
How to Make Cream Cheese Frosting:
The thing that makes that takes this recipe to the next level is the cream cheese frosting. Isn’t everything better with cream cheese frosting? I think so! You can add it to all kinds of cake recipes, cupcakes, and more. Here’s the basic way to make it:
- Soften 8 oz. of cream cheese. I have a “soften” setting on my microwave that makes this very easy. But you can let it set out on your counter to soften too.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, combine the softened cream cheese with 1/2 c. of butter, 2 TBSP. milk, 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla and 4 cups of sugar.
- Mix until smooth.
- Some cream cheese frosting is thicker than others, if you want it to be thinner add more milk, gradually. If you want it to be stiffer, add powdered sugar.
Other Pumpkin Recipes:
If you love this easy Pumpkin Bars recipe, you’re going to love these other pumpkin recipes. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
The recipe! Yes, let’s get on with the recipe. I promise if you like pumpkin (and maybe even if you don’t) these pumpkin bars are for you. They are hands down the best. Moist (and I don’t even like that word) but fluffy with cream cheese frosting. HEAVEN.
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
If you love this Pumpkin Bars Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
the Best Frosted Pumpkin Bars EVER!
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 c sugar
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 30 oz pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c butter (1 stick)
- 2 tbsp cream or milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 c powdered sugar
- Mix the oil, eggs and sugar together.
- Then add the remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture into greased cookie sheet or jellyroll pan (I actually use a 9x13 pan for thicker bars).
- Bake @ 350 for 25-30 minutes for cookie sheet/jelly roll pan or 40-45 mins for 9x13 pan.
- Cool completely. Then frost.
- Mix until smooth.
- Spread evenly over pumpkin bars.
I dare you to add the ingredients to your shopping list and make this. Today. You can thank me later.