Is there anything better than a really good soup recipe in the winter? The only thing I can think of is a slow cooker soup recipe like this Mexican Chicken Soup.
I’ve had this recipe for about ten years. It’s so easy to put together (like most of the dishes I make).
We always like to add shredded cheese and sour cream. The tortilla chips add the perfect crunch. Mmmm mmm good!
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into ½″ pieces
- 21 oz cream of chicken soup
- 2 c water
- 15 oz black beans rinsed and drained
- 14 ½ oz diced tomatoes and green chile peppers undrained (Rotel)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- sour cream optional
- crushed tortilla chips optional
- Brown chicken in skillet coated with cooking spray and transfer to slow cooker.
- In a bowl combine soup, water, beans, undrained tomatoes, and cumin.
- Pour over chicken in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours.
- Ladle into bowls and if desired, top with sour cream and sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips.
Other slow cooker soup recipes you might like: