Is there anything better than a really good soup recipe in the winter? The only thing I can think of is a slow cooker soup recipe like this Mexican Chicken Soup.
I’ve had this recipe for about ten years. It’s so easy to put together (like most of the dishes I make).
We always like to add shredded cheese and sour cream. The tortilla chips add the perfect crunch. Mmmm mmm good!
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup is an easy to throw together soup in the crockpot. And you only need a few ingredients on hand. Yum!
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into ½″ pieces
- 21 oz cream of chicken soup
- 2 c water
- 15 oz black beans rinsed and drained
- 14 ½ oz diced tomatoes and green chile peppers undrained (Rotel)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- sour cream optional
- crushed tortilla chips optional
- Brown chicken in skillet coated with cooking spray and transfer to slow cooker.
- In a bowl combine soup, water, beans, undrained tomatoes, and cumin.
- Pour over chicken in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours.
- Ladle into bowls and if desired, top with sour cream and sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips.
Calories: 487kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 1260mg | Potassium: 1281mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 440IU | Vitamin C: 11.6mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 5.8mg
Other slow cooker soup recipes you might like: