This Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup is one your family will love!!
A year or so ago I got this recipe from my cute, sassy friend Becca. I wasn’t sure how my family would take to it because it’s a) soup (I loooove soup but my boys? Not so much) and b) tortellini and sausage…. I just didn’t know if it would fly. On one particular cold, rainy day I decided it was worth a shot. They LOVED it so so much! It’s now my go to for chilly days. And I’m all about slow cooker recipes. They make my life so much easier if I can get my act together ahead of time. I also love tortellini recipes – like Baked Tortellini and Italian Tortellini.
Every time I make this one, I wonder why I don’t make it more often.
Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 12 oz frozen green beans
- 14.5 oz petite diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 32 oz box chicken stock
- 9 oz refrigerator Cheese Tortellini
- fresh shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Crumble 1 lb mild sausage and place in slow cooker. *Sausage with casing can be used, just remove casing from the sausage and crumble.
- Add tomatoes, diced onions, frozen green beans and seasoning.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Add 1 box of chicken stock and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Add cheese tortellini and cook for an additional 1/2 hour.
- Serve topped with fresh shredded Parmesan cheese.
Food photography and styling courtesy of My Name is Snickerdoodle.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love these too:
Alyson Wozniak says
Made the tortellini sausage soup tonight & everyone loved it! Thanks for the recipe.
I made the tortellini sausage soup tonight for dinner and my whole family loved it! It was so good! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I love this recipe but have never tried it in the crockpot! Thx for sharing!
What size is the tomatoes? Thanks
Does anyone know if you cook the sausage first?
You don’t have to cook the sausage first. Because it’s in there all day long, it cooks. I put it on the bottom of the crockpot and stir every once in awhile when I think about it. (but I have just left it before and it’s been fine)
These all look so good! I need to try some new things in the crock pot, love tortellini, hopefully the kids will like this!
PS stopping by from East Coast Creative, I’m their new blog assistant :)
Desiree @ The36thAvenue says
I am loving all of these yummy recipes… SO GOOD!
jen @ Tatertots & Jello says
That’s so funny! I just made this soup on Monday night. I made mine on the stove. I can’t wait to try your slow cooker version. Pinned :)