If you’re looking for a super simple recipe to make, this is it. My Mom’s Taco Soup recipe is so delicious and takes minimal effort. It’ll be at the top of your list!
I think my mom started making it when I was in high school (??) but I remember loving it. It’s especially good on a fall crisp day. Yum!
The best thing about it is that you basically dump all the ingredients into a pot and let them simmer so there is very little work involved. My favorite kind of recipe. Yours too?
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 oz refried beans
- 15 oz corn undrained
- 16 oz stewed tomatoes
- 15 oz kidney beans undrained
- ½ c chopped onions
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ½ c taco sauce
- grated cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado (cut into small pieces)
- Brown hamburger and onion. Drain.
- Put in a large pot and add corn, refried beans, kidney beans, taco sauce, tomatoes and garlic salt.
- Simmer for ½ hour.
- Serve in bowls with grated cheese, sour cream, avocado, and tortilla chips.
And you can add whatever you want as toppings. Some of my kids like sour cream, others don’t. I like the crunch of tortilla chips. And the creaminess of avocados.
Food photography and styling courtesy of My Name is Snickerdoodle.
You’ll like these recipes too:
And you can get a whole e-book of my favorite recipes too!